Home Forums Announcements Microfocused to one: Astral Citizens needs 100% of my time and energy

• Author
    Heathcliff
    Keymaster

100% of my time and energy now goes into Astral Citizens

I was working on three businesses and 12 business activities.

I was working on three businesses. Working on three different projects at the same time is a lot of work. It also takes up a lot of time and energy. Over the past year, I’ve realized that working like this is not sustainable for me in the long term.

For now, my focus is Astral Citizens. I will be spending 100% of my time and energy on this business. This is why you’ll see fewer updates from me related to my email newsletter (The Week In Indie). You might also notice that updates related to Boring Club have slowed down as well; however, I do plan to dedicate some time to it in the future (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Focusing, or doing one thing well, is a skill that takes practice.

Focusing, or doing one thing well, is a skill. It’s a limited resource, and you must choose to focus on the most important things.

This requires saying no to other things that aren’t important because your time and energy are finite. Learning how to focus is hard for some people who have never done it before. It takes practice. You will get better at it over time if you put in the effort and keep practicing.

You need to realize you only have so much time and energy.

You only have a limited amount of time and energy. You can’t focus on everything at once, you can only focus on one thing at a time. So pick the most important thing and then focus on it. Don’t spread yourself too thin, don’t try to do everything at the same time.

I know it feels counterintuitive at first to NOT put your attention on all the projects you want to work on but trust me, that spreads your attention too thin and you eventually get burnt out, which is bad because then all your projects will suffer.

If you truly want to be successful with one of your projects/goals/dreams/whatever, force yourself to only work on that one project for a certain amount of time (say 6 months or 1 year) and just ignore everything else.

Then when that one project starts getting somewhere then say “OK now I have some success in this area, so lets try branching out into other areas and see if I can be successful there too!”

Astral Citizens is my opportunity to be the best version of myself and make the world a better place for others.

I believe in you. I believe in your capacity to be the best version of yourself and make the world a better place for others.

You are worthy of greatness, and you know what it looks like when you feel that way. But if you want to be great, then you have to dedicate 100% of your time and energy to becoming that person.

So this is my opportunity to be great—and now it’s yours too; I’m going to give everything I have toward helping you do that for yourself as well. Astral Citizens is an opportunity for all of us to become the best versions of ourselves and make the world a better place for others.

Choose what you want to focus on and commit to it fully.

I also realized that if my goal was to make a UFO social network, then the most impactful thing I could do would be to build a company whose sole purpose is to develop and publish unique experiences. So that’s what I did.

• I officially closed all my businesses today
    • I only choose 1 social media website for Astral Citizens and that is Facebook

My schedule has completely changed as a result. Previously, work tasks were one bucket among many competing for my time and attention! Now, however, everything goes into Astral Citizens. No exceptions or excuses are allowed.

That doesn’t mean there are no other things in my life; it just means that those things must take place within the context of this singular priority — otherwise, they won’t get done!

Life is a gift, so live life to the max.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.