Facts about the US Government and UFOs may seem like conspiracies, but here’s a reality check for you: Some of the most powerful people in US government have interest in covering up the existence of UFOs. If the President, military leaders, and other top officials are aware of UFO activity but keeping it secret, that affects the trust between the public and the government.
It also means they’re not doing their job in informing the public about potential threats from space. What’s next? The government may be hiding more than we know.
There is a Department of Defense program that investigates UFO reports
In 2007, the Department of Defense created a program for investigating UFO sightings called the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) leaded by Luis Elizondo. The existence of this program was revealed in 2017 and revealed a funding of $22 million over the five years had been allocated to the program through 2012. The reported goals of the organization included:
- Creation of a new agency to investigate reports of UFO sightings
- Investigation into whether UFOs posed any national security threat
The initial funding for the program was requested by US Senator Harry Reid, who cited requests from his constituents as his reason for requesting the funding.
The program was shut down in 2012, but since then a new agency has been created to investigate UFO sightings. There have been no reports of any new sightings by the agency. The U.S. government never told us that the program ever existed until in 2017 the Pentagon confirmed the existence of a government-funded program that investigates unidentified flying objects.
Some sightings were by military pilots who recorded their experience on video
What’s more, these incidents were no longer just eyewitness accounts. Some sightings were by military pilots who recorded their experiences on video. One such incident involved the recording of a UFO from a US Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet in 2004. The Princeton had been watching suspicious old aircraft for two weeks, according to the operator. At 80,000 feet, the objects appeared out of nowhere and hurtled toward the sea, eventually stopping at 20,000 feet and hovering. The UFO was about 40-foot-long, white, oblong shape (hence “Tic Tac”), hovering somewhere between 15,000 and 24,000 feet
There have been many other sightings of UFOs by military pilots. They are often accompanied by descriptions of a “fast-moving, high-altitude object” that is capable of making sharp turns and maneuvers not possible with manmade aircraft. Some people think these objects could be alien spacecrafts.
The New York Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney asked for funding to investigate the issue.
“We take the issue of unexplained aerial phenomena seriously to the extent that we’re dealing with the safety and security of US military personnel or the national security interests of the United States, so we want to know what we’re dealing with,” said Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney
The government kept the program secret for seven years
The US government has officially released some information about its research into UFOs, but the program was kept secret for seven years. The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program began in 2007, and it ended in 2012. The program’s existence wasn’t widely known because most people who were involved with it had security clearances and they didn’t talk publicly about the project.
The government has confirmed funding $22 million, The Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program was an unclassified but well-publicized US government investigation of unidentified flying objects and unexplained aerial phenomena.
The US is not the only country that has kept an eye on UFOs. In fact, the United Kingdom’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) was conducting an investigation into the topic too. Between 1997 and 2000, the British Government’s Defence Intelligence Staff (DIS) conducted a classified unidentified flying object (UFO) investigation.
Other countries have reports of UFO sightings to
Other countries have their own versions of the UFOs-are-real stories. In November 1989, the Belgian UFO wave began. Many weeks after the incident, reports were filed. A huge object traveling at low altitude was mentioned in many of the reports. According to other reports, the UFO had a flat, triangular shape with lights underneath.
The occurrences of the night of March 30–31, 1990, peaked the Belgian UFO wave. On that night, two Belgian Air Force F-16s were dispatched to examine a radar-tracked unknown object, however neither pilot reported seeing the thing. The Belgian Air Force issued a report documenting the events of that night following the incident.
The government wants to release more information about the investigation, but there are legal and security concerns.
In2017, the Department of Defense (DoD) expressed a desire to be more transparent about the UFO
The Defense Department, however, has pushed back on the notion that its supremacy over the issue amounts to anything nefarious and says it can practice transparency on its own.
“This is a chance for us to be much more organized in the way we process these reports,” Pentagon spokesman John Kirby told reporters. “And we will certainly continue to be as transparent as we can about these phenomena and the impact that they may or may not be having on our ability to operate.”
But there are also some legal implications to consider. The government knows that releasing detailed information could put national security at risk, so it must be careful when sharing certain facts and figures with the public. After all, we don’t want America’s enemies getting ahold of any potentially useful data!
According to the release, “The DoD is releasing these files in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not there is more information than what has been acknowledged.” It will also help researchers and experts better understand any potential threats posed by UFOs. The release comes after a Freedom of Information Act request from George Washington University’s National Security Archive.
The release is part of the government’s effort to be more open about the UFO program. In December 2017 it was revealed that the government had secretly run an investigation into UFOs from 2007 until 2012. The program, which was funded by the Office of Naval Intelligence and involved more than $22 million in spending, was shut down for unknown reason.
One report details an encounter between military pilots and an oval-shaped object with no exhaust plume or wings flying much faster than any aircraft
One report details an encounter between with no exhaust plume or wings flying much faster than any aircraft.
The pilots on their training mission in southern Arizona were surprised to see the object and wanted a closer look so they took off after it. After following the object for several minutes, one of the pilots radioed that he was worried about being disciplined for chasing the UFO, according to the report.
That’s when things took a turn. The pilot said that he could not keep up with the quickly moving UFO before it disappeared from view, according to the report.
Another report describes an incident in which pilots were flying over the Pacific Ocean off southern California when they spotted glowing lights that appeared out of nowhere. They described the object as a long cylinder with a blue glow at one end and a red glow on the other. Then, suddenly, the lights disappeared, according to the report.
The second report was filed by a pilot who had been flying an F-16 fighter jet over the Pacific Ocean off southern California when he spotted glowing lights that appeared out of nowhere. He described the object as a long cylinder with a blue glow at one end and a red glow on the other. Then, suddenly, the lights disappeared without any explanation.
It’s unclear if the UFOs were foreign adversaries’ drones or something else entirely
You may be wondering, what kind of foreign adversary technology could have been flying over the US?
It could have been an alien spaceship. This would certainly explain why no one knew about it and why it was working so well. It’s possible that another country might already be in contact with aliens, which would mean that the UFOs were not extraterrestrial in origin, but that they had access to alien technology.
However, there are some other possibilities:
- The UFOs were Russian drones. One of the reasons why this scenario isn’t completely out of the question is because Russia often tests its military drone technology in Syria before using it against US targets—and most recently, Russia has begun flying a stealth drone capable of carrying nuclear warheads. These drones are both fast and quiet—which is exactly how pilots described the objects they saw over the East Coast. Additionally, Russia’s use of drones has been noted for its effectiveness at evading radar detection by flying under manned aircraft. While experts say that these Russian drones are highly unlikely to be able to reach West Coast airspace from Siberia (where they’re based), it’s possible that Russia might have stationed these UAVs in Cuba or Venezuela—or even on a submarine or surface vessel off North Carolina’s coast.
- The UFOs were US drones…but they weren’t being flown by the US Navy. In fact, they were stolen by another country and repurposed as surveillance equipment (or whatever you want them to do). While there’s no evidence yet to support this theory, if this was true—it would mean that security needs to be improved at our military bases across all departments! In order to make sure this doesn’t happen again we need better training when dealing with sensitive information like where our most important weapons’ facilities are located etc… (this could go into more detail).
Ultimately, if the government doesn’t explain their involvement in this situation soon then there will be a lot of questions left unanswered. One thing is certain: we need to know what happened so that something like this never happens again. We’re going to take a look at some different theories that might explain what happened on March 14th, 2020 with these mysterious UFOs.
- It could have been an alien spaceship. One theory is that aliens are trying to communicate with us through these UFOs, but they’re not advanced enough yet so they crash into our ships instead of landing safely. The government knows about them because it’s happened before—just look at Roswell!
- It could have been a Russian drone. Another theory is that Russia has developed some kind of stealth technology which allowed them to fly over an American military base without being detected by radar or other sensors. The government knows about this because they’ve been spying on us for decades now! And who knows what else they’ve gotten into our hands? * I don’t know what happened, but it’s clear that the US needs better security protocols in place for its military bases. If we don’t figure out what happened, there’s no telling how many more times this could happen. What if next time is aliens trying to communicate with us? Or worse—the Russians using some new kind of drone that can fly completely undetected by our best sensors.
- There are a few theories that have been floated around. One of them is that an alien spaceship crashed into the sea, causing all sorts of trouble for our Navy ships nearby.
The US government knows about them because it’s happened before—just look at Roswell!
The US Government has a secret program to investigate UFO encounters.
So the US government has a secret program to investigate UFO encounters. What’s the big deal? Well, it was created in 2007 and funded by the Department of Defense and was called the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program—and it was only recently revealed by none other than former Nevada senator Harry Reid. Not only that, but it wasn’t shut down until 2012!
The program is discussed in detail in Leslie Kean’s book UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on Record. According to Kean, testimonies from pilots were analyzed by people who had security clearance. And one of their findings was that “many more sightings are due to man-made objects.” There are still many mysteries surrounding the study though—such as what exactly happened after an F/A-18 Super Hornet took off from an aircraft carrier off San Diego spotted something unexplainable flying above them.
In the book, a former Navy pilot tells the tale of how he was flying above the Pacific Ocean when he got an alert from his radar to check out some unidentified objects. When he looked around, there were lights in front and behind him. He proceeded to fly toward them, but they managed to jump ahead of him at a faster speed and disappeared. This happened two more times before disappearing for good.
Have you ever wondered if the US government is covering up UFOs? If so, we want to hear from you! Comment and share this article on Facebook or Twitter.